There is a belief that the cloud alone is safe and this is not true. This can be as or more insecure than an on-premises installation. In addition, within the cloud there are many differences between private and public, there are more and more mixed models, and each model offers different levels of security and features.
What we must bear in mind is that, both to secure the information that we host in the cloud and that we store on-premise, we must use advanced security solutions .
When we want to implement professional video recording solutions like the one offered by LANACCESS, we must assess all the options.
Local recording is one of the best choices you can make for these reasons:
1. Quality storage without conditions. The storage they offer is of the highest quality, regardless of the quality and guarantee of the Internet connection service.
2. Unlimited camera management. When the video recording system is locally, there is no limit, unlike what happens when the system is hosted in the cloud.
3. No service fees. Local video recording systems do not incur any recurring costs once they have been acquired as property. In contrast, those that are hosted in the cloud are usually associated with subscription plans.
4. Without an Internet connection the recordings continue to work .
There are mechanisms and ways to have both options and thus ensure, on the one hand, the local recording and, on the other, also have the recordings in the private cloud . These hybrid solutions provide the best of both worlds.
These are the main benefits offered by video recording systems in this mixed model:
1. It has the same advantages as the previous option, since it also enjoys the same functionalities and benefits as local recording .
2. Greater control .
3. Flexibility . The solution is adapted to the needs of each client.
4. Centralization of management. All business processes can be unified in the same cloud.
5. Less risks. By not sharing the cloud with third parties , you do not lose control as with the public cloud.
6. More security. If there is a crash or attack on the private cloud service, local recordings will always be available, which provides more security.
7. Regulatory compliance. There are sectors in which the regulations prevent not having on-premise recordings.
If we face the local or mixed solution model to a single cloud solution , there is a very significant variable to take into account, the dependence on the bandwidth and the possible cuts that it may have.
These are the main benefits:
As you have been able to read in this article, companies that want to implement a video recording system have three main options with their advantages and disadvantages. Thanks to our experience with more than 20 years of presence in the market, we can point out that:
If you want to implement a video recording system in your company, do not hesitate to contact us and we will advise you to indicate the option that best suits your business. Also, you can find more information in the following article , written by our CISO, Antonio Marco .
LANACCESS is the video recording system your company needs to have the solution that best suits your needs.